The Giddings Economic Development Corporation serves the local business community and those seeking to expand or locate into the area. Our services include, but are not limited to:
Property Sales and Management
- The GEDC owns and operates the 170 acre Giddings 290 Business Park, now under development. For information about property sales, covenants and financing opportunities, contact the GEDC
- The GEDC owns the Giddings Railroad Depot and the Union Station Transportation Museum, which currently house the Giddings Chamber of Commerce and the Rural Texas Transportation Center. For information about leasing the facility for special events, contact the Giddings Chamber of Commerce at http://www.giddingstx.com.
- The GEDC office is located at 924 East Austin Street (Hwy 290) next to Schultz Realty, in Giddings, Texas.
Researching and providing critical information necessary to help companies make informed decisions to reach their business goals:
- Quantitative and qualitative data on available properties and the local real estate market
- Business structure and taxes
- Business & Industry Operating Permits
- Development Permits, Zoning and Ordinances
- Demographics & economic data
- Maps and traffic counts
Assisting with securing funds for infrastructure development, real estate acquisition, and job creation:
- Financial incentives (380/381 agreements, tax abatements, other)
- Workforce Development (Skills Development & Self-Sufficiency Grants; Labor Market Analysis; Job Fairs & Recruiting)
Providing providing specialized assistance to populations with unique needs
- Veterans Assistance (College Credit for Heroes Grants; Other)
- Entrepreneurs (Start-Up Weekend and other Kaufman Foundation Resources; Lean Business Canvass; Business Idea Validation and Development; Technology Transfer; Maker-Space)
- Small Business Transition & Retirement Planning
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB): Women and MInority Owned
Providing general guidance, coordination or advising:
- Introductions to elected officials and other community leaders
- Regulatory navigation
- Marketing and promotion
- Business development
Information and coordination with state and federal economic development programs:
- The GEDC can provide information about business assistance opportunities available at the state and federal levels and can onnect you with the appropriate agencies and programs to meet your unique needs. Throughout the process, the GEDC can provide case management and serve as a liason with program staff to trouble-shoot problem areas in order to keep your project moving forward.
The Giddings Economic Development Corporation administers the City of Giddings’ half-cent 4-B sales tax revenues – approved by voters in 1996 – for economic and community development. Eligible activities for receipt of these funds are outlined in the proposition section of the City Ordinance authorizing the creation of the GEDCC. The Corporation owns and manages the 170 acre Giddings 290 Business Park and the Giddings Railroad Depot and the Union Station Transportation Museum, and administers the vacant buildings and the business development incentives programs. The Corporation is managed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Giddings City Council.
For more information, contact the GECD at 979-542-2067 or Email.